Be Encouraged {Coffee for Your Heart}

(Photo by Anna Hart)


This week’s writing prompt from Holley Gerth is: “What are the encouraging words you want to hear when you’re having a hard day?” I have been so blessed by my circle of friends. Their words often surpass anything I could think up. It is hard for me to think of the prompt as it is written, so forgive me if I adapt on it. I’m going to give the encouraging words I want my closest friends to hear on their hard days. And the Lord, being awesome as He is, often speaks into my heart, as I strive to speak into theirs. So it’s similar, right? Anyhoo …
Just stop. Drop everything, girl. I know, I know, it seems like the world never slows down. Just let it spin for a little while without you. Sit down. Kneel. If you keep running when you’re feeling like this, you will break. I know. I’ve done it. Remember when you helped me pick up the pieces? I know you’re trying to be strong enough; to just get through one. more. day. but none of us is truly strong enough to face this world. We cannot bear the weight of it. But He can, oh my sweet, He so can. I know you feel so weary; so tired of this constant living, so here’s the thing: He can carry the weight of the world on His shoulders … and still hold you in the palm of His hand. He promises to never leave you or forsake you (Deuteronomy 31:6). Nothing can take you out of His hand (John 10:28).Rest in those promises; those truths. I’m telling you, rest! The more you strive and struggle, the more you will ache; the more this day will threaten to overcome you. Take heart! He has overcome the world (John 16:33). Do you hear me? He. has. overcome. You don’t have to. Quit striving, and collapse into His waiting arms. Let me tell you something. If you think you’re alone, you’re wrong. You couldn’t be farther from it. If you think you aren’t loved, you are severely mistaken. Really, hon, you are so wrong. Do you need reminded that God sent His Son to die a brutal death for you? He was so incredibly smitten with you, that He couldn’t bear the thought of eternity without you, couldn’t stand the idea of you loving someone other than Him … so He did everything He could to win your heart back. And on top of that, us humans think you’re pretty fantastic, too. Never doubt that you are of value. Do not dare forget that you are worth it. You are a freaking princess, and don’t you forget it. I’m not saying this so you can give yourself a mental pep talk. You don’t need that. You could shout at the mirror all day with, “Pull yourself together! You’re loved, so act like it! What are you, ungrateful?” For heaven’s sake, don’t do that. Remember what I started with: “Just stop.” Breathe in. Breathe out. God knows that you forget. You are overpowered by feelings of inadequacy, loneliness, weakness, frustration, and you just can’t cope … He understands. You don’t need a pep talk … honestly, you need a hug. How I would love to be the one who gave you that hug, but there are these things called distance and computer screens, and it just wouldn’t work. What you need is a God hug. It sounds silly, I know, but it happens. That flood of peace in the midst of a trial? That was one. That crazy majestic sunrise after a sleepless night? His doing. I know this isn’t the correct theological term, but you have to admit, it’s a beautiful thought. The God of the universe, doing little, powerful things to give you comfort and make you feel loved. Rest in His arms, darlin’. His grace is enough. You are loved. So much. And don’t forget that for a second.

Comments

  1. How very beautiful and amazingly nourishing are these words of yours!
    Here from Coffee for Your Heart - and so very glad I found your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, thank you for your kind comment - it means the world to me, honest. Delighted you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. So very thankful for those God Hugs!!! Stopping by from Holleys' place, enjoying a cup of coffee with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy did I ever need to read these words today: Just let it spin for a little while without you. Sit down. Kneel. If you keep running when you’re feeling like this, you will break.
    Thank you!
    I needed to be told that and here you are, telling me.
    God bless you, sister! Enjoying a God hug right now and sending one your way :)
    Mary, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Mary,
      God hug received. Big time. Baffled at His goodness.

      Delete
  4. Glad to connect through Holley's site. Great words here. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. God hugs. Lydia...I think you're a genius. That's the perfect term I've been looking for! :) *sends you a God hug*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, visiting from Holley's site. Beautiful post and these words, Just stop. Drop everything, girl.

    Is what I've been doing. Letting things go that weigh me down. It's time for me to get off the merry go round. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rejoicing with you, Cassandra, as you take off the things that only bring you down. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

May this place be a home and a haven.

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ann {Coffee for Your Heart}

You're Not Alone {Coffee for Your Heart}

Endings