A Cozy Kinda Post


This is a new experience for me, this whole idea of waiting until the day before something should be posted to begin to press the lettered keys. I have no prompt, no series, no idea of what I am supposed to be writing.
Help me, Jesus.
I haven't left my house this week since church on Sunday. Would you believe this is only a little bit abnormal for me? I usually get out of the house an average of four-ish times a week. I've had a lot of time to think, and to learn, and one of the things I've thought and learned is that my people are pretty great. My family, my friends, my acquaintances ... they rock. I celebrated another birthday this Tuesday, and for some reason, everyone went out of their way to make me feel special. The row of cards I received rivals the Great Wall of China {I exaggerate}. The texts people sent me turned me into a gooey emotional ball. I heard the Birthday song about 4932903 times. People called. E-cards and emails were opened. Presents were received .... Love was felt. And I didn't even have to travel a single mile to feel it. I've honestly never had so many people make an effort to make my day ... and succeed, no less! These people are my teachers daily.
I have learned that it is worthwhile to take over a portion of someone's workload. Few things beat the look of relief on a person's face when they discover that the pile of dishes has magically vanished.
I have learned that nearly nothing is better than a video of your 15+ favorite kids sing-screaming Happy Birthday to you.
I've learned that my profound addiction to oatmeal raisin cookies is a beautiful thing, and should be encouraged, not neglected. {Plus, they don't give me headaches. Win.}
I have learned that "a person cannot receive even one thing, unless it is given him from heaven." (John 3:27) Another of my memory verses ... causing me to stop in wonder and gratitude for all these people, these gifts, that morning sky ... "Every good and perfect gift is from above." (James 1:17) I can't get over how God saw fit to shower me with such goodness.
I have learned that I am a fan of body butter, City Harbor, and Revlon Colorstay eye shadow, among other things.
I have learned that I don't like snow. Old lesson. Still applies. I'd like it to fall for five minutes a day every winter, just so I could get the wonder of watching it, without the evil side effects. You know?
I've learned to sew. Well, a little. I finished my second project. Baby steps.
I've learned that I could talk to the people that I love all day long, and never grow tired of it.
I have learned so many other things, but something tells me you're bored. I'm sorry. It's freeing to sit here and just be for a little while. I know this isn't my normal post style, but it's comfortable, and on a day like this, that's what I'm going with. Don't worry, the focused-on-one-topic Lydia will return shortly. But not today. Today, I am wearing my bright yellow apron just because I made it, it's pretty, and I can. Today, I will relax.
Consider yourself loved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ann {Coffee for Your Heart}

You're Not Alone {Coffee for Your Heart}

Endings