when the muse strikes {an original poem}

When the muse strikes
May these hands of mine
Ne'er be found idle
Nor waiting for lightning

When a song moves my soul
May I not let it slip
Moving on to another
Who might treasure it

When my heart gives a stammer
As if catching its breath
May I still myself enough
To explore the cause

May I embrace confusion
Until it becomes clarity
May I never neglect the wonder
Never forget its origin

May I always pause when
The light invades my skin
May I always exhale
Then begin once again

May the wind of change
No longer be my enemy
But rather, a strange partner
In a brand new dance

May I sink beneath the waves
Only to emerge again, new
May the broken and tainted
Become a stained glass window

May I let the light shine through it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ann {Coffee for Your Heart}

You're Not Alone {Coffee for Your Heart}

Be Encouraged {Coffee for Your Heart}