You're Not Alone {Coffee for Your Heart}

(via Holley Gerth)
(Photo by Tara Gourley)
This isn’t easy for me to talk about, but if people only talked about the easy stuff, this world would be in serious disarray--well, more serious. I’m going to be honest here; the type of honesty that requires trust, and that is something that I am still learning, slowly.
I have felt alone.
I have stood in the middle of a crowded room and have felt so desperately lonely that it nearly drowned me. This has happened in my own home.
I have been prone to anxiety attacks. I’ve sat on the floor, feeling like the world is caving in, and have only recently learned to text someone I trust when this happens.
I have laid alone in my bed and cried myself to sleep.
I know these feelings, and I know how real they can seem; so real that everything else looks fake and twisted in comparison. I have hid in corners and let the lie consume me: I am alone. I wasn’t. And dear soul, you aren’t either. Do you hear me? You. Are. Not. Alone. Not even a little. Not ever. I don’t know what you are going through today, but I know this: someone has walked that path before you. In these times, we can become convinced that no one else ever went through what we have; nobody could possibly know our pain. I have believed that, and I have been proved wrong.
No matter how perfect a person may seem, they still have scars.
No matter how flawed a person may seem (even you), they still have value.
I don’t know what trial you are facing, but I know that God has a plan. He is with you. Satan will try and isolate you; tell you that you’re not worth anybody’s time. That God doesn’t care about you. That if people knew what you have done, they wouldn’t understand; that they would reject you. That no one else has been through what you’re going through. Let me make this clear: Satan is a liar. “There is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” (John 8:44) He will make you feel isolated from your friends, your family, your God - the very ones you need to get through this. Do not listen to a word he says. Hear you me: you aren’t alone. You are cherished by many. You are God’s beloved.
Might I suggest something? Ask God to show you who you should talk to about what you’re going through. If He lays someone on your mind, reach out to them; tell them you’re struggling. Chances are, they’ve been through something similar; they’ve walked through those valleys. And if no one around you seems to understand? We have a God who went through every possible human trial and temptation; felt every weakness, and yet did not sin. (Hebrews 4:15)
Is it sinking in yet?
I don’t want you to go one more day feeling like this, dear heart. Because no matter what you have been through, are facing today, will struggle with tomorrow … you’re not alone. Not even a smidgen.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your heart! You are so right that there are others who struggle with the same things you are going through. We need to believe what God has told us that He will walk with us even in the valley he is there with us. What great news. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these uplifting words as I am in a vally and have felt very alone as my heart is heavy for my older daughter. So thank you I don't have many friends I can turn this is a blessing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Carol, praying for you right now. I know how our souls can ache when someone we care about is going through a trial ... especially one so close. I cannot imagine facing that, with few people to turn to. Know that I am here for you, and that God holds you in the palm of His hand. Always.
      {ploodleboobug(at)hotmail(dot)com}

      Delete
  3. This is so important a message, Lydia. I'm slowly starting to learn everyone has felt alone before. I know I have. It's a crushing feeling, and you're right, it's just not true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such good words...it's so easy to feel alone sometimes. And as much as I know I'm not, I daily need the reminder that He is there. And I'm so glad He is, holding my hand through each step. Blessings to you...thank you for this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is with us, always! So glad you were blessed by my words, as I was so blessed by yours. You brought joy to my heart, Mel.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the reminder that we’re not alone! So glad you linked up with Coffee for Your Heart this week! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for hosting this, Holley! And for stopping by <3

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this inspiring post! Found you on Holly's Coffee for the Soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

May this place be a home and a haven.

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ann {Coffee for Your Heart}

Endings